Friday, March 24, 2017

WEEK 9

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

As I lay here and type my weekly journal entry, I am halfway through eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Tonight has been a very lowkey and lonely Friday night. I was supposed to go downtown to a sports bar with a buddy Sean who is a caddie from the golf course, but we both decided to stay in and rest up due to our lack of sleep the night before. Nights like tonight make me reflect upon the downside of living the bachelor lifestyle, which is the reminder that I'm living alone with no roommate or significant other to share a conversation. I'll admit that it's tough mentally to convince yourself that you're not sad about not having anyone to share life's little moments with because in reality it tears your heart to pieces. Although tonight has ended on a rather somber note, I am looking forward to tomorrow night because I am indeed going out with the boys for a night on the town so it should be quite memorable. Also on Sunday, my buddy Jon from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is driving down to visit for a couple nights. Jon and I will be teeing it up at a few local "hack courses" nearby as well as playing a round at one of the private courses we caddie for on Kiawah Island. Boys weekends are nice because they help get my mind off my past relationship with my ex-girlfriend who still happens to live nearby with her new boyfriend. We have only been broken up for not even two months yet and it seems just like yesterday we were in each other's arms. Well, enough of that talk, this heartbroken feeling can be mended temporarily with good alcohol and better company if you know what I mean. I know that many of my fellow classmates can relate to this whirlwind of emotions I am going through at the moment and I pray that these rough times pass quickly because life is too short to dwell in the past. I must keep calm and carry on.

Cheers mate!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment