Wednesday, March 8, 2017

WEEK 7

Good afternoon class,

Today is a wonderful day because it is my first day off from work in the past two weeks! I finally got to sleep in and treat myself to a nice homemade breakfast of scrambled eggs with toast. Today's agenda will consist of lounging around the apartment in my pajamas and playing my Tiger Woods PGA Tour video game on my X-Box 360. later this afternoon I have to drive and pick a friend up from the airport. My friend Kasey will be staying with me for a few days and sleeping on my couch in the living room. It is his first time ever visiting Charleston so I will be showing him around town to see all the sights and attractions this historic city has to offer. Tonight I plan on showing him Isle of Palms, which is a beach town where a couple of my good friends bartend at the bars, one is called The Dinghy and the other is The Windjammer. This weekend I will show him all the cool shops and places to eat downtown. By this I mean real southern barbecue and seafood joints. During my friend's stay, my goal is to show him the best local parts and stay away from the touristy side of South Carolina because I want him to experience true southern hospitality at its finest.

As a reminder to myself, I will need to keep up with my homework in the midst of all these fun activities. It's a good thing I've already done all my class work for this week, the material on Medieval Sermons from a blog perspective was quite interesting. The most important thing I've learned this week while dealing with Prothemes and Exemplums is that journalistic principles apply to all formats whether secular or religious. These structures have helped me better understand the nature of such biblical discourses which are extremely fascinating, regardless if you're a church-goer or not. Take care and I'll be checking in with y'all next week at this time, Godspeed and God bless!

Cheers,

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment