Friday, February 24, 2017

WEEK 5

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I must say this has been one of the best weeks since I've moved to the gorgeous state of South Carolina. I am officially moved into my new one-bedroom apartment that I'm proud to say I'm leasing on my own with no help from my parents. Although I did have some help from nearby friends who gave me a helping hand with furniture during the move. Also, this week I started my new job at the luxurious Kiawah Island caddying for super rich old folks. I must say my spirits have been lifted to an all time high after my recent breakup with my girlfriend. I have never felt more accomplished and independent to be making it in the dirty south on my own. In the following weeks I will be truly tested in terms of paying my bills on time and taking care of myself off the course, but I can't think of a better way to spend this spring and summer than doing the things I love the most. Meanwhile, I'm taking this online course along with two other English courses to complete my undergraduate studies at the University of Vermont which I will be flying up for graduation this coming May. This process has been very tedious and I have learned a tremendous amount, especially time management. In the past few weeks I have been given unconditional support from my family and friends who have helped me cope with this major transition. My perspective on living has changed drastically and I am beginning to understand what it takes to get the job done with nobody else around. This weekend I am looking forward to grinding hard on the course to make a living, but also finding time for myself by relaxing by the pool on these long hot days under the Carolina sun. In hindsight, this experience has taught me that if you want something in life you need to do whatever it takes because nobody will do it for you. The fruit lies on the end of the branch and those who are brave enough to stretch out for it will reap its benefits.

God bless,

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment