Thursday, February 2, 2017

WEEK 2

Good evening ladies and gents, I've had quite a fun day in the sun in South Carolina, the temperature got up to 80 degress (in February). Let's just say I've been playing more golf than actually working. I just got done playing a relaxing round of golf next door at the local course, Crowfield Plantation, it was just me and a six pack of beer. Afterwards, I came home to my lovely girlfriend who made an exquisite pasta dish and now I'm lounging in the recliner. What I just described to you is my daily routine in a nutshell. Life is good!

This week in class, the most interesting thing I learned was the difference between a dash and a hyphen. All this time as a sports journalist referencing to AP style, not once had a spent the time to study such a subtle yet crucial component of punctuation. In hindsight, my mind was blown after having overlooked this small facet that most commonly neglect. I learned that when it comes to any type of writing, whether it's journalism or an essay composition, grammar encompasses all of the little things that make the biggest difference in the quality of your writing as a whole.

As for this weekend, I have some big plans in store with my best friend from Vermont who is flying down to visit. I plan on showing him around the Charleston area, that is the golf courses and bars downtown on King Street. My goal this weekend is to spend more time on homework than consumption of "adult beverages," but we shall see. Although the weather forecast is calling for chilly temperatures (50-60 degrees) and rain, so perhaps we will take a raincheck on golf.

Cheers!

P.S. Sorry to all the New Englanders for rubbing the warm weather and sunshine in your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment