Saturday, April 22, 2017

WEEK 13

Ladies & Gentlemen,

This has been one of the longest weeks of my entire young adulthood for many obvious reasons. First of all, I have two of my best friends from Vermont visiting my new South Carolina home, so it is safe to say there has not been a dull moment since they arrived this past Tuesday. On a similar note, I don't recall there being a solitary moment of sobriety since Kevin and Justin hopped off the airplane. These past five days have been filled with vague and drunken memories that I will cherish for a lifetime. With all of that hoopla being said, I keep reminding myself that graduation is less than a month away and I can't afford to make too many irresponsible mistakes. There is a little voice in my head that keeps telling me to stay focused and keep my eye on the prize. This semester has been a crazy rollercoaster ride, especially trying to balance it with my work life down here, but it will all be worth it in the end when I catch that flight up to the University of Vermont this coming May 21st and step onto that stage when my name is announced as a college graduate. I have been dreaming of that very moment for a long time and it has motivated me to overcome all of the hardships I have experienced all along the way these past five years. I have grown and matured a lot over the years and I've learned that if you truly have your heart set on achieving a particular goal, you naturally push yourself past the limits of your comfort zone and do whatever it takes to succeed. I know that in my heart of hearts that I will fulfill my vow by putting that cap and gown on and I'll smile back at my proud family and friends who helped me achieve such success each and every step of the way.

Cheers!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment